Philosophy and Social Science
The conference focuses on critical social and political theory. It follows its first conference directors, Jürgen Habermas and Gajo Petrović, who organized the event in the broad way. Those who have attended in the past will be familiar with the special spirit of lively dialogue and genuine pluralism which characterizes it. New and alternative voices, ideas and perspectives are welcome.
The conference takes place in the Villa Lanna, the conference centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague, Czech Republic, annually in May.
The directors of the conference
- Amy Allen (Penn State University)
- Simone Chambers (University of California, Irvine)
- Maeve Cooke (University College Dublin)
- Alessandro Ferrara (University of Rome, “Tor Vergata”)
- Martin Saar (Goethe University, Frankfurt)
- Marek Hrubec (The Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague)
- María Pía Lara (Universidad Autònoma Metropolitana, Mexico City)
- Hartmut Rosa (University of Jena/Max Weber Kolleg Erfurt)
We are grateful to them for having served as directors for many years with great enthusiasm and efficacy.
- Jean L. Cohen (Columbia University, New York)
- Peter Dews (Essex University)
- Rainer Forst (Goethe University, Frankfurt University)
- Nancy Fraser (New School for Social Research)
- Axel Honneth (Goethe University, Frankfurt/Columbia University)
- Frank Michelman (Harvard University)
- Bill Scheuerman (Indiana University)